All vehicles must be properly aligned so as to improve tyre performance. Misalignment may cost the fleet 40% – 60% of the desired mileage. Geometry of a Commercial Vehicle should be checked:
- Before putting the new vehicle in service.
- In case of “abnormal tyre wear” detection (might be related to not conform vehicle geometry).
- In case of driver complaints (bad road holding, wrong steering wheel position when straight ahead, …).
- After Vehicle accident & repair.
- Regular Vehicle geometry control (during vehicle maintenance, …) is considered a very important “Preventive cost saving” (Fuel consumption – vehicle parts - …).